The HealthWorks program, offered through the Northwestern Health Unit (NWHU), provides information, support and resources to workplaces in the Kenora and Rainy River Districts. The goal of the program is to help workplaces across the region create healthy work environments that support and promote healthy lifestyle choices.
What can HealthWorks do for your workplace?
Through access to web-based resources and support from local NWHU health educators, HealthWorks can provide the following to your workplace at no charge:
- Resources to support your health at work and at home.
- Tools to create healthy environments where you live, work and play.
- A step-by-step guide to starting a workplace wellness committee.
- Annual challenges during Healthy Workplace Month (October).
- Monthly email tips on a variety of topics to support your health at work and at home.
- Ready-to-use materials and toolkits to support workplace health initiatives.
Interested in receiving email tips?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive information, resources and links to help you and your family eat well and live active. Include your name and the subject 'HealthWorks'
8 key steps to a workplace health promotion program
Research shows that successful workplace health promotion programs follow 8 steps:
- Selecting someone to take the lead.
- Holding an initial planning meeting.
- Getting management approval and involvement.
- Looking at what your workplace is already doing.
- Finding out what co-workers think about workplace health and their own health.
- Determining what issues are most important to staff.
- Developing a plan.
- Getting started.
Presentations and training opportunities
Healthy meetings and events
Workplace health topics