Healthy learners are better learners and we are your partner in school health. Healthy students learn better because they attend school more regularly; feel better about themselves; and get along better with peers, teachers and parents.
Healthy school communities:
- Recognize that health and learning are closely linked.
- Understand that schools directly influence health and behaviours.
- Encourage and enable healthy choices for all.
- Incorporate health into all aspects of the school environment and learning.
- Involve students, school staff, families, and community partners.
There are many ways a school can make improvements to the school climate – from encouraging active routes to school, to implementing healthy classroom rewards, to providing healthy snacks at school, there are so many options to get on the path to a healthier school.
Celebrate Your Healthy School
Ophea’s Healthy Schools (HS) Certification recognizes and celebrates school communities for promoting and enhancing the health and well-being of students, school staff, and the broader community. The health unit is here to offer support for registered schools. Registration occurs annually each fall. Email email@example.com or visit www.ophea.net for more information.