Healthy learners are better learners and we are your partner in school health. Here you will find health information, resources and links for elementary and secondary schools.
Healthy students learn better because they attend school more regularly; feel better about themselves; and get along better with peers, teachers and parents.
Healthy school communities:
- Recognize that health and learning are closely linked.
- Understand that schools directly influence health and behaviours.
- Encourage and enable healthy choices for all.
- Incorporate health into all aspects of the school environment and learning.
- Involve students, school staff, families, and community partners.
There are many ways a school can make improvements to the school climate – from encouraging active routes to school, to implementing healthy classroom rewards, to providing healthy snacks at school, there are so many options to get on the path to a healthier school.
Foundations for a Healthy School
- Quality instruction and programs.
A healthy physical environment.
Supportive social environment.
Ready to make a change?