As residents of Northwestern Ontario we are surrounded by beautiful natural environments and spaces. If you are taking to the great outdoors in an off-road vehicle be sure to follow some simple safety
Tips to stay safe and collision free:
- Take an ATV drivers course and learn how to ride your off-road vehicle from an expert.
- Stay in control. Never drive beyond your skill level.
- Just like with an on-road vehicle, never operate an off-road vehicle when under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Always wear a properly fitted motorcycle helmet.
- Always travel with a tool kit, first aid kit and other emergency supplies.
- Ride with others and always let someone else know where you are going.
- Educate yourself on the off-road vehicle rules by visiting the Ontario Ministry of Transportation website and check out 'Smart Ride Safe Ride: What you need to know to operate an ATV in Ontario'.