Regular physical activity offers so many health benefits at any age.
Being active can help young kids:
- Maintain a healthy body weight .
- Improve movement skills and fitness.
- Build healthy hearts.
- Have fun and feel happy.
- Develop self-confidence.
- Improve learning and attention.
Children and youth
|Being active for at least 60 minutes daily can help children and youth:
- Improve their health and fitness.
- Do better in school and learn new skills.
- Grow stronger.
- Have fun playing with friends.
- Maintain a healthy body weight
- Improve their self-confidence and feel happier.
Being active for at least 150 minutes per week can help adults:
- Reduce the risk of:
- Improve fitness, strength, self-esteem and mental health.
- Reduce stress.
- Model healthy living habits for family and friends.