Your child’s brain is developing into the mid-twenties, and alcohol and other drug use can negatively affect this development. Parents play an important role in their child’s decisions around alcohol and other drug use. Here are some strategies for preventing or delaying alcohol and other drug use:
- Know what’s going on in your child’s life.
- Develop open and regular communication.
- Set expectations and consequences together.
- Be a positive role model.
- Build a close and caring relationship.
- Don’t provide alcohol or other drugs.
Learn more about.