If you are hosting a party where alcohol will be served and consumed by guests, it is your responsibility to make sure guests are safe, remain injury-free, and get home safely.
Follow these tips to responsible hosting:
- Do not mix physical activity with alcohol. People are more likely to injury themselves while drinking.
- Provide alcohol-free and low-alcohol drink options for your guests. Examples include mocktails, 100% fruit juice, water, tea and coffee.
- Provide snacks for your guests – the healthier the better and avoid salty and sweet options.
- Be ready to host overnight guests so that no one drives home impaired.
- Make yourself or a friend the ‘bartender’ for the night rather than having an open bar. You will be able to better monitor how much alcohol your guests are drinking.
- Pre-plan what you will do to look after guests who drink too much.
- Do not let your guests drink and drive. Have designated drivers, spare cash and taxi company phone numbers available. Take keys away from anyone who you feel will drink and drive.
- Limit your alcohol intake so that you can monitor the party and make decisions with a clear mind.
Learn more about: