Staff in hospitals and community agencies have involvement with expectant women, families and community members and may be in a situation to provide information regarding breastfeeding that may influence infant feeding choices.
The Best Start Resource Centre offers a web-based resource, Healthy Mothers Health Babies Breastfeeding web course. This interactive course provides information designed for all staff and volunteers who work in community agencies and hospitals that have programs or services for prenatal women or new families.
Completing this course will help you to:
- Protect, promote and support breastfeeding.
- Have a positive influence on pregnant women who are making their infant feeding decision.
- Be a trusted support during the early weeks of breastfeeding.
This course will take about 1 to 1 1/2 hours to complete. It is divided into seven short modules:
- Good reasons to breastfeed.
- Supporting women before, during and after pregnancy.
- Barriers to breastfeeding.
- Breastfeeding basics.
- Informed decision making.
- Protecting, promoting and supporting breastfeeding.
- Breastfeeding resources in Ontario.
You can find the free course at the Best Start website.
Learn more about: