What is physical distancing?
distancing means staying 2 metres (or 6 feet) away from other people to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Everyone in our area needs
to practice physical distancing and take steps to limit the number
of people they come in close contact with.
[ physical distancing poster ]
- Gathering sizes are determined by the Province of Ontario. Do not exceed the limits.
- Avoid parties or playdates with other children if physical distancing is not possible.
- Only have close contact with those within your household. Stay 2 metres from anyone else.
- Connect with friends by phone, email, video, or social media
- Try to limit your trips to the store
- Avoid crowded parks
- Greet others with a wave or a nod instead of handshakes or hugs
- Sanitize or wash your
hands when entering and exiting buildings
- Use tap to pay for
items instead of handling money
Consider alternative ways to work
- Work from home, if
- Have meetings
virtually (video or teleconferencing)
Physical distancing is not the same as self-isolating
People who are self-isolating should not go outside. Do not go shopping
or walk the dog. Ask a friend or family member for help, if you need things.
If you have any
questions or concerns, please contact our COVID-19 hotline
at 1-866-468-2240, Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.