Mask Letter of Instruction for Employers and Businesses
Under instructions issued by the Medical Officer of Health, all businesses and organizations in the Northwestern Health Unit area must adopt a policy that requires all members of the public and employees who enter or remain in an enclosed public space to wear a mask or face covering. This policy will be effective Monday August 17, 2020 at 12:01 am.
A sample policy is available for businesses and organizations to adapt and use.
In addition to having a policy requiring masks, businesses and organizations must:
- Train their employees on the requirements of the policy and how to implement it
- Post signs to remind employees and customers about the requirement to mask
- Ask everyone to wear a mask if they enter your space without one, or if they remove their mask for an extended period of time while in the establishment.
- Have a handwashing / sanitizing station at all entrances for people to use.
- Be able to provide a copy of the policy upon request to a public health inspector or other person authorized to enforce the provisions of the Reopening Ontario Act (ROA)