The province of Ontario is under a Stay at Home Order as per the Province's COVID-19 Response Framework.
The provincial shutdown adds additional restrictions that affect the public,
businesses, and organizations.
Some of the restrictions include:
- Indoor and outdoor gatherings are not allowed, except with members of your household (or one other household if you live alone)
- Residents must only go out for essential reasons (work, school, essential shopping, health care, exercise)
- can only offer take-out, drive-through, or delivery
- all indoor and outdoor dining is closed
- All open businesses must follow capacity limits as per the provincial guidelines (25% for essential stores, and non-essential retail must close).
- Personal services settings must close.
In addition, there are some further requirements for certain types of businesses. Learn more about sector-specific information here.
At this time, the shutdown restrictions do not
affect the operation or requirements in child care centres.
For more information,
call our hotline 1-866-468-2240 or contact your local NWHU office and ask to
speak to a public health inspector.
Ministry of Health Guidance documents:
Posters for workplaces and employers