Public health officials advise Ontarians to stay home as much as possible to prevent the spread of COVID-19. When people do go out, they must take steps to maintain physical distancing.
If you must travel to your camp/cottage, follow these guidelines:
- Do not travel if you or any of your family members require medical care or have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Do not use local health providers, unless it is an emergency.
- If you or anyone with you begins to feel ill or experiences COVID-19 symptoms, return home immediately.
- Purchase or bring supplies / food from home. If you must go out, use businesses with curbside pickup or delivery if possible and maintain 2 metres of physical distancing at all times.
Tips for staying healthy
- Travel with immediate family members who live with you.
- Do not visit others outside of your immediate family.
- Practice physical distancing. Maintain a two-metre distance from all those who do not reside in your household.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly.
- Take required prescription drugs and medical supplies with you.
- Avoid tasks that may result in injury.
For additional information, please call our hotline at 1-866-468-2240.