The Northwestern Health Unit maintains community pages on its website to provide a venue for community groups and partners to post information about health-related events, places to go and volunteer opportunities. We do this to provide health-related information to the public and to support the work of community partner agencies.
- Anyone can post events to the community pages so long as those events:
- Support or encourage personal healthy choices and/or the creation of environments that support health. This includes activities intended to address the determinants of health; AND
- Are free of charge to participants or provided on a cost-recovery basis (i.e., not for profit); AND
- Requests for submission need to include, at least, the following information:
- Event name
- Location, date and start time
- Brief description – so that website readers know what the event is, and so that we can assess its compliance with the above criteria
- Contact information, so that interested participants can follow-up for additional information.
- We recognize that the information received and posted may not answer all the questions that people have about an event. The health unit posts the information that is provided and does not have the capacity to proactively collect additional information.
Showcase your local event by using the Event Submission form or by sending an email to email@example.com using "Community Event" in the subject line.