The Northwestern Health Unit is present on the following social media networks: Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.
If you follow/like us, you can expect content on:
- Newsworthy events involving the Northwestern Health Unit.
- Northwestern Health Unit initiatives and programs.
- Notifications that affect residents within the Northwestern Health Unit catchment area.
The Northwestern Health Unit does not provide health consultations through third party applications such as Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. If assessment of the client’s situation or personal health information is required, the client will be encouraged to contact the Northwestern Health Unit in-person, by phone, or email.
The Northwestern Health Unit does not collect, use, or disclose personal health information or provide health consultations through third party applications such as Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. For more information, please review the Northwestern Health Unit's privacy statement.
Social media platform availability
The Northwestern Health Unit updates and monitors its social media accounts during regular business hours. Comments and tweets from users outside of these times will be reviewed at the beginning of the next business day.
Follows and likes
The Northwestern Health Unit may follow and like social media accounts from its partners, stakeholders, local community initiatives and organizations. Please note that being followed or liked by the Northwestern Health Unit does not imply endorsement of any kind.
Retweets and shares
On occasion, the Northwestern Health Unit may retweet or share content that it considers of value to its audience. Retweeting and sharing by the Northwestern Health Unit should not be interpreted as an endorsement of the originator or of any organization mentioned in the message.
Comments and replies
The Northwestern Health Unit welcomes feedback and ideas from its followers and fans. All comments and replies will be monitored, and any emerging themes or helpful suggestions will be passed to the relevant staff person in the organization.
To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please remember to not include any personal information, including addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses in your comments or replies. This will not be accepted on any of our social media platforms and will be removed immediately.
The Northwestern Health Unit is not able to reply individually to all messages it receives via its social media networks. In the case of a Public health emergency, please call 1-866-475-6505.
To ensure that the conversation is a positive experience for everyone involved, comments and replies should be clean and respectful, in addition to being relevant and related to the posted topic on the Northwestern Health Units social media account.
Any comments of the following nature may be deleted:
- Offensive, profane, hateful, insulting, rude, abusive, aggressive, violent, obscene, explicit, pornographic or sexual comments; Content that promotes or spreads discrimination on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, age, creed, gender, marital status, socio-economic status, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation.
- Personal attacks and/or offensive statements.
- Serious, unproven, unsupported, or inaccurate accusations; Messages for advertising/marketing purposes.
- Messages that conduct or encourage illegal activity.
- Information that could compromise public safety, security or operations.
- Messages that impersonate or misrepresent someone else.
- Comments containing spam or posted by anonymous or robot accounts.
- Messages that do not make sense.
Adapted with permission from Ottawa Public Health Social Media Protocol Feb. 26th, 2014.