March 1-31, 2018 is Nutrition Month!
The Nutrition Month 2018 campaign is dedicated to helping Canadians Unlock the Potential of Food
. Dietitians help Canadians realize the potential of food to fuel, discover, prevent, heal and bring us together.
Food is nourishment, but it’s so much more. Food unites us at the dinner table and is the centre of holidays. Food is something you can teach to children to help brighten their future. Food can improve health, prevent disease and keep us well for longer. At every touch point, food nourishes and inspires us. This is why dietitians love food and believe in its power to enhance lives and improve health.
Explore the potential of food with Nutrition Month 2018:
- Potential to fuel: Stay energized by planning nutritious snacks into your day.
- Potential to discover: Foster healthy eating habits in children by teaching them to shop and cook.
- Potential to prevent: Understand how food can help prevent chronic diseases like type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
- Potential to heal: Learn how food can promote healing and how dietitians work in health care teams to make a difference.
- Potential to bring us together: Enjoy the benefits of bringing families and friends together with food.
Dietitians of Canada help you to make eating decisions easier for Canadians by encouraging you to download and use two apps that can help:
Cookspiration, a free smartphone app designed by Dietitians of Canada, serves up healthy recipe suggestions for any craving, meal or mood. Cookspiration has over 300 recipes that are easy to make and will suit your nutritional needs. To download the app and to access all the recipes, visit www.Cookspiration.com
One of the most helpful tools we can use for eating well is keeping a food journal; eaTracker, another free app from Dietitians of Canada, makes diet journaling easy. Download eaTracker free from www.eatracker.ca
today to get started.