March is Nutrition Month and this year, Canadian dietitians are talking about how healthy eating is about so much More than Food! Dietitians are encouraging Canadians to consider not only what they eat, but how they eat too.
Dietitians counsel their patients, clients and communities on More than Food. We love food, yes, and we believe in its potential to enhance lives and improve health, but we take a broad view of the factors that impact healthy eating – including how we eat.
So what does that mean?
- Be mindful of your eating habits
- Take time to eat
- Notice when you are hungry and when you are full
- Cook more often
- Plan what you eat
- Involve others in planning and preparing meals
- Enjoy your food
- Culture and food traditions can be a part of healthy eating
- Eat meals with others
Dietitians of Canada have also created other helpful nutrition resources:
- Cookspiration is a free smartphone app with over 300 recipes that are easy to make and will suit your nutritional needs. To download the app and to access all the recipes
to get more information on food and nutrition, including recipes and videos.