Welcome to the Health Care Professionals page of the website. Here you will find information about health unit services and information and resources for health care professionals.
Click on the links below for information:
- Health care providers: The Northwestern Health Unit is working with Big Grassy First Nation, Health Canada and Public Health Ontario to investigate a cluster of cases of blastomycosis who are residents of Big Grassy First Nation.
February 16, 2017 alert
- Health care providers: The Northwestern Health Unit has identified the first laboratory confirmed case of influenza for the 2016-2017 season. December 16, 2016 alert
- Healthy care providers: Northwestern Health Unit has not established the presence of mumps in Dryden. Testing has not detected mumps by PCR and in some cases other diagnoses have been determined. November 30, 2016 alert
- Health care providers: Northwestern Health Unit is investigating a possible mumps case in Dryden. Mumps is not a normally circulating virus in Northwestern Ontario and presence of the disease requires a link to a case.November 8, 2016 alert
- Health care providers: surveillance of Enterovirus D68 Clinical Summary Form and testing information can be found on the Public Health Ontario site. September 22, 2016 alert